Child Care and Development Fund State Plan
The federal Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) is an aggregate of several funding sources that is distributed in block grants by the federal government to the states and territories. The majority of the funds are to be used to provide child care services to families who meet certain income and need criteria. A portion of the funding is to be used for activities to improve the quality of child care. Another portion is to be used to pay for costs of administering the CCDF.
The purpose of the CCDF is to increase the availability, affordability, and quality of child care services. States and territories receiving CCDF funds must prepare and submit to the federal government a plan detailing how these funds will be allocated and expended.
Federal Fiscal Years 2019–21
Federal Fiscal Years (FFY) 2016–18
- CCDF Fiscal Years 2016-18 Information
- State Plan Summary FFY 2016–18
- Final CCDF State Plan FFY 2016–18 (DOC)
- Final CCDF State Plan FFY 2016–18 Waiver Letter (DOC)
A letter submitted by the California Department of Education (CDE) on June 6, 2016 to the Administration of Children and Families (ACF) requesting waivers and extensions for specific sections of the California's CCDF State Plan.
- CCDF State Plan FFY 2016–18 Approval Letter (PDF)
A letter submitted by the Administration of Children and Families on June 10, 2016 to the CDE approving California's Child Care and Development Fund FFY 2016-18 State Plan.
- CCDF State Plan FFY 2016–18 Corrective Action Plan (PDF)
A letter stating California's plan for corrective action, submitted on September 8, 2016 to the ACF.
- CCDF State Plan FFY 2016–18 Corrective Action Plan Approval Letter (PDF)
A letter received on December 18, 2016 from the ACF that approves the CDE's plan for corrective action.
- Final CCDF State Play FFY 2016–18 Criminal Background Check Waiver Letter Approval
A letter from the Administration of Children and Families received by the CDE on September 21, 2017, approving California's CCDF Criminal Background Check extension request. This extension is effective October 1, 2017, through September 30, 2018.