Quality Counts California (CA)Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) information in California.
The goal of Quality Counts CA is to ensure that children in California have access to high quality programs so that they thrive in their early learning settings and succeed in kindergarten and beyond. The Quality Counts CA (formerly CA-QRIS) Consortium strives to improve the quality of early learning with a focus in three areas of program quality: child development and readiness for school; teachers and teaching; and program and environment quality.
California has a collective of county and regional QRISs. Each QRIS in California:
- Assesses program quality comparably across provider types (publicly and privately funded, centers and family child care homes) throughout the state;
- Aligns program standards with early learning and practitioner standards;
- Supports continuous quality improvement for participating programs and their staff;
- Provides families with information about program quality to assist them in making informed choices.
Quality Counts CA Consortium Documents
- Quality Counts CA Implementation Guide
- Quality Counts CA Rating Matrix
- Quality Counts CA Continuous Quality Improvement Pathways
Annual Data Collection
Site-level common data report for each county or regional consortia for Quality Counts CA accountability and performance monitoring.
Quality Counts CA Web site
The Quality Counts CA has developed a Web site focused on providing local resources and supports to California’s parents, families, and early learning and care providers while connecting policymakers to the importance of the California’s QRIS and quality early learning and care experiences.
Quality Counts California Regional Certification and Coordination Grant 2017-18
CA-QRIS 2016-17 Certification Grant
- December 13, 2016, Guidance Webinar on the 2016-17 Certification Grant
- QA-QRIS 2016-17 Certification Grant Frequently Asked Questions