Quality Counts CaliforniaQuality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) information in California.
The goal of QRIS is to ensure that children in California have access to high quality programs so that they thrive in their early learning settings and succeed in kindergarten and beyond. The Quality Counts California (QCC) (formerly CA-QRIS) Consortium strives to improve the quality of early learning with a focus in three areas of program quality: child development and readiness for school; teachers and teaching; and program and environment quality.
California has a collective of county and regional QRISs. Each QRIS in California:
- Assesses program quality comparably across provider types (publicly and privately funded, centers and family child care homes) throughout the state;
- Aligns program standards with early learning and practitioner standards;
- Supports continuous quality improvement for participating programs and their staff;
- Provides families with information about program quality to assist them in making informed choices.
October 2016 CA-QRIS Consortium Meeting (PDF; 1MB)
QCC 2016-17 Certification Grant
- December 13, 2016, Guidance Webinar on the CA-QRIS 2016-17 Certification Grant
- QCC 2016-17 Certification Grant Frequently Asked Questions