May 19, 2016, Meeting AgendaDyslexia Guidelines Work Group Agenda - May 2016.
California Department of Education’s
DYSLEXIA GUIDELINES WORK GROUP
Meeting at California Department of Health Care Services
1500 Capitol Avenue, Training Room C
May 19, 2016
8:30–9:00 a.m. Registration
9:00–9:15 a.m. Welcome and group introductions
9:15–9:30 a.m. Overview of today’s Dyslexia Guidelines Work Group meeting
Work Group ground rules; today’s outcomes; overview of today’s agenda and meeting packet; internal contact list; comments from constituents
9:30–10:00 a.m. Review of updated guidelines outline
- Review of language added
- Any additional items for the outline?
10:00–10:45 a.m. How we work together
Group discussion of past collaborative writing experiences; strategies that led to success; suggested processes and protocols for proceeding in this project
11:00 a.m.–Noon Presentation on Behavioral Characteristics and Useful Risk Indicators of Dyslexia
Richard Wagner, Robert O. Lawton Distinguished Research Professor of Psychology, Associate Director, Florida Center for Reading Research, Department of Psychology, Florida State University
Noon–1:00 p.m. Lunch on your own
1:00–2:00 p.m. Guidelines section sign up
- Implementation of processes and procedures discussed this morning?
- Pick three items: first, second, third?
2:00–2:45 p.m. Meet with your section partners
- Strategies to work together
- Who is doing what by when? Create a working plan.
3:00–3:30 p.m. Editorial practices
- Copyright laws; footnoting style; CDE Press Manual
3:30–4 p.m. Next steps
- Deliverables between now and July 20, 2016
- Review of meeting calendar