July 20, 2016, Meeting AgendaDyslexia Guidelines Work Group Agenda - July 2016.
California Department of Education’s
DYSLEXIA GUIDELINES WORK GROUP
Meeting at the California Department of Education
1430 N Street, Room 1801
Wednesday, July 20, 2016
9:00–9:30 a.m. Registration
9:30–9:40 a.m. Welcome and group introductions
9:40–10:00 a.m. Overview of today’s Dyslexia Guidelines Work Group meeting
Today’s objectives and outcomes; today’s agenda and meeting packet
10:00–11:00 a.m. Review of the first draft of the manuscript
- Comments, questions, clarifications about the text. What should go, stay, or be corrected?
- Which paragraphs and topics need to move into different sections?
- What’s missing and needs to be added in the second round?
11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m. Review of the first draft of the manuscript (continued)
12:15–1:15 p.m. Lunch on your own
1:15–2:15 p.m. Presentation on Assistive Technology and Dyslexia
Jan Tuber, MA, Assistive Technology Specialist, Parents Helping Parents iTECH Center
2:15–2:45 p.m. Guidelines section sign up
- Sections 3, 4, and 5
3:00–3:30 p.m. Meet with your section partners
- Strategies to work together
- Who is doing what by when? Create a working plan.
3:30–4 p.m. Next steps
- Deliverables between now and Thursday, September 29, 2016
- Review of meeting calendar
Please leave your table tents on the table when you leave. Thank you!