Part 3a: Intro to Formal ProcurementPart 3a in the Procurement Guidance Course Series.
Learn when program operators must use the formal procurement method, identify the four principles of procurement, recognize when to use the different types of formal procurement methods, and learn the five best practice steps in the formal procurement process.
- Course Number: 097
- Training Length: 30 minutes
- Certificate: Yes
- Target Audience: Agency business officials and food service staff
- Mandatory: No
- Cost: Free
- Date Recorded: December 2022
- Acquisition.gov Federal Acquisitions Regulations web page
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Title 7, CFR web page
- California Department of Education (CDE) Buy American Provision in School Nutrition Programs online course
- Electronic CFR, Title 2 web page
- California Legislative Information Education Code web page
- California Legislative Information Public Contact Code web page
- California Legislative Information Government Code web page
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Procuring Local Food for Child Nutrition Programs (CNP) web page
- CDE Procurement in CNP web page
- Crediting: 0.5 hours
- Key Area:
- Training Topic:
- Learning Objective: Purchasing food, supplies, and equipment through vendors (2430)
- Training Topic: Purchasing (2400)
If you have technical difficulties or questions regarding the course content, please email the CDE Procurement Resources Unit at NSDProcurementReview@cde.ca.gov.