April 2017 Information MemorandaBackground information and updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members.
Periodically, the State Board Members may receive information memoranda from State Board staff and the California Department of Education. The information memoranda may include background information, updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members, and reports on a variety of educational topics.
- Every Student Succeeds Act: Request for a Waiver Under Title I, Part A, Section 8401 to Waive Double Testing of Science Requirement (DOC; Posted 01-May-2017)
- Science waiver request to the U.S. Department of Education (DOC; Posted 01-May-2017)
- Update Regarding the Memorandum of Understanding for Membership in the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (DOC; Posted 01-May-2017)
- Update on the English Learner Progress Indicator Work Group (DOC; Posted 26-Apr-2017)
- 2016 Annual Report of Waiver Activity (DOC; Posted 13-Apr-2017)
- Summary of Actions Taken on Waivers by the State Board of Education (XLS; Posted 13-Apr-2017)
- Relationship Between the State Board of Education's Adoption of the Local Control Funding Formula Evaluation Rubrics and Title I School Accountability Requirements under the Every Student Succeeds Act (DOC; Posted 13-Apr-2017)
- Public Comment on Select Sections of the Every Student Succeeds Act State Plan (DOC; Posted 07-Apr-2017)
- State Legislative Update, Including, but not Limited to, Information on the 2017–18 Legislative Session (DOC; Posted 07-Apr-2017)
- Federal Policy Update (DOC; Posted 07-Apr-2017)