April 2018 Information MemorandaBackground information and updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members.
Periodically, the State Board Members may receive information memoranda from State Board staff and the California Department of Education. The information memoranda may include background information, updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members, and reports on a variety of educational topics.
- Request to the U.S. Department of Education to Waive the Every Student Succeeds Act Statute for the English Learner Proficiency Indicator (DOCX; Posted 30-Apr-2018)
- Proposed Operational Initial Assessment Threshold Scores and Composite Weights for the English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (DOCX; Posted 16-Apr-2018)
- Update on the Development of the College/Career Indicator, Including an Overview of the Research Supporting the Current Model (DOCX; Posted 16-Apr-2018)
- California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress: Additional Analyses of the Smarter Balanced 2016–17 Test Results (DOCX; Posted 16-Apr-2018)
- Policy Analysis for California Education Report That Compares the Utility of the Smarter Balanced and SAT Assessments for Predicting Success in College (DOCX; Posted 16-Apr-2018)
- 2017 Annual Report of Waiver Activity (DOCX; Posted 16-Apr-2018)
- Summary of Actions Taken on Waivers by the State Board of Education (XLSX; Posted 16-Apr-2018)
- Ongoing Development of California’s New Accountability System: Timeline of State Board of Education Agenda Items and Information Memoranda Regarding the California School Dashboard (DOCX; Posted 28-Mar-2018)
- State Legislative Update, Including, but not limited to, Information on the 2017–18 Legislative Session (DOCX; Posted 28-Mar-2018)