CWPJAC Agenda January 29, 2021California Workforce Pathways Joint Advisory Committee (CWPJAC) will address college and career pathways that target California’s regional economies.
California Workforce Pathways Joint Advisory Committee Members
State Board of Education Representatives
- Jim McQuillen
- Patricia Rucker
- Ting Sun, Vice Chair
Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office Board of Governors Representatives
- Jolena Grande
- Bill Rawlings, Chair
- Kristin McGuire, Young Invincibles
- David Rattray, Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce
|Schedule of Meeting||Location|
Friday, January 29, 2021
California Department of Education
ALL TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE AND ARE PROVIDED FOR CONVENIENCE ONLY
ALL ITEMS MAY BE HEARD IN A DIFFERENT ORDER THAN HOW THEY ARE LISTED ON THE AGENDA
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE
The CWPJAC will hold a one-day, virtual meeting on Friday, January 29, 2021. The meeting may include some activities involving the CWPJAC, and others involving one or more of the CWPJAC’s sub-committees. The following outline of activities is provided for convenience only. The actual order of business may be changed without notice by the Chair, or designee, to accommodate the needs of members, invited presenters, and key staff. Anyone interested in a specific Agenda Item or other related matter should plan on virtually participating in the entire meeting on January 29, 2021. The CWPJAC and any of its sub-committees may commence, recess, and reconvene as necessary throughout the scheduled meeting.
THE AGENDA LISTING IS ILLUSTRATIVE OF THE MATTERS TO BE CONSIDERED, BUT IT IS NOT NECESSARILY EXHAUSTIVE
The agenda for the CWPJAC meeting will involve the full scope of its statutory responsibilities, which serves as the joint advisory body that makes recommendations to the State Board of Education (SBE) and the Board of Governors (BOG) of the California Community Colleges regarding aspects of the coordinated delivery of career technical education programs and workforce pathways in the state including strengthening, improving, expanding, and evaluating programs and services. The CWPJAC is comprised of equal members from the SBE and the BOG. The CWPJAC reserves the right to consider specific matters and act within the full scope of its responsibilities.
Time is set aside for individuals desiring to speak on any topic not otherwise on the agenda. Please see the detailed agenda for the Public Comment session. In all cases, the Chair, or designee, reserves the right to impose time limits on presentations as necessary to ensure that the agenda is completed.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION FOR ANY INDIVIDUAL WITH A DISABILITY
Pursuant to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, any individual with a disability or any other individual who requires reasonable accommodation to attend or participate in a meeting or function of the CWPJAC may request assistance by contacting the CDE, Career and College Transition Division, Lisa Reimers, Education Programs Consultant, at 1430 N Street, Suite 4202, Sacramento, CA, 95814, via telephone, 916-322-1762; email, firstname.lastname@example.org; or facsimile, 916-327-3879, at least seven days prior to the meeting.
CWPJAC Meeting Logistics
On March 17, 2020, Governor Gavin Newsom issued Executive Order N-29-20 related to the Coronavirus 19 pandemic. The Executive Order allows state bodies covered by the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act (Act) to hold public meetings covered by the Act via web and/or audio teleconferencing. As such, the January 29, 2021, CWPJAC meeting will be held as an audio/video teleconference and will have a live webcast.
TO ACCESS THE LIVE CWPJAC MEETING WEBCAST:
The public is highly encouraged to submit written comment to the CWPJAC members in advance for prior consideration. To do so, please submit comments by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, January 27, 2021. Comments can be submitted to Path2Work@cde.ca.gov. In your email please include the following: 1) your name; 2) your affiliation, if any; 3) agenda item number (i.e., Item 01); and 4) public comment.
Public comment on the day of the meeting can also be given as provided below:
Day of Meeting Public Comment Instructions:
- Members of the public who watch the live meeting webcast can submit public comment during the public comment period. Submit your comment to the CWPJAC mailbox at Path2Work@cde.ca.gov. CDE staff will read your public comment. Please include the following in your email message: 1) agenda item number (i.e., Item 01); 2) your name; 3) your affiliation, if any; and 4) public comment. Please note that written comments that are read aloud will be subject to the time limits prescribed by the presiding officer, which may result in a lengthy comment not being read in its entirety.
- Members of the public who join via Zoom can give public comment during the public comment period. Use the “Q and A” text box to provide public comment. CDE staff will read your public comment during the public comment period. Please include your first and last name; affiliation, if any; and then type in your public comment.
- Members of the public that dial in to the meeting can give public comment during the public comment period. The presiding officer will ask if any phone participants want to give public comment. At that time, phone participants will enter *6 on their phone and be placed in a queue. You will be prompted when it is your turn to provide public comment. At that time, please state the following: 1) your name; 2) your affiliation, if any, and 3) your public comment.
- Individuals wishing to provide public comment may only give comment for themselves and not provide comment on behalf of another individual or group.
- Individuals wishing to provide public comment will be allotted a prescribed maximum amount of time based upon the number of speakers. In all cases, the presiding officer reserves the right to impose time limits on public comment as may be necessary to ensure that the meeting is completed.
TO ACCESS THE CWPJAC MEETING VIA ZOOM:
Register in advance for this webinar using Zoom. CWPJAC Zoom Registration
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. When logging into Zoom, please use your first and last name to provide public comment.
TO DIAL IN TO THE CWPJAC MEETING:
Conference Dial-in Number: (712) 432-0075, Participant Access Code: 651905#
When invited to provide public comment, please dial *6 to join the queue to provide public comment.
FULL COMMITTEE AGENDA
- Call to Order
- Agenda Items
- Public Comment
- Discussion and Next Steps
Subject: Approval of the California Workforce Pathways Joint Advisory Committee’s November 20, 2020, Preliminary Report of Action.
Type of Action: Information, Action
Subject: The Career Technical Education Incentive Grant (CTEIG) and the Kindergarten through Grade Twelve Strong Workforce Program (K–12 SWP): Update on the Approved Allocations for 2020–21 and the 2021–22 CTEIG Application; the 2020–21 K–12 SWP Funding Allocations and Interim Measures; and K–14 Technical Assistance Providers and Workforce Pathways Coordinators.
- Pradeep Kotamraju, Director, Career and College Transition Division (CCTD), CDE
- Michelle McIntosh, Education Administrator, CTE Leadership Office, CCTD, CDE
- Sandra Sanchez, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Workforce and Economic Development Division (WEDD), California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office (CCCCO)
Type of Action: Information, Action
Subject: Career technical education (CTE) data reporting and interim analysis on short-term measures, and an outline of how short, intermediate, and long-term measures will be produced, including a timeline, on meeting the CTE Incentive Grant (CTEIG) and the Kindergarten through Grade Twelve Strong Workforce Program (K–12 SWP) data metrics as outlined per California Education Code (EC) sections 53071 and 88828.
- Pradeep Kotamraju, Director, CCTD, CDE
- Cindy Kazanis, Director, Analysis, Measurement, and Accountability Reporting Division (AMARD), CDE
- Glenn Miller, Director, Educational Data Management Division (EDMD), CDE
- Jonathan Isler, Education Administrator, AMARD, CDE
- Jenny Singh, Education Administrator, AMARD, CDE
- Paula Mishima, Education Administrator, EDMD, CDE
- Brandi Jauregui, Information Technology Specialist, EDMD, CDE
Type of Action: Information
Subject: An Update on the California State Plan for Career Technical Education
- Sheneui Weber, Vice Chancellor, WEDD, CCCCO
Type of Action: Information
Subject: GENERAL PUBLIC COMMENT. Public comment is invited on any matter not included on the printed agenda.
Depending on the number of individuals wishing to address the CWPJAC, the presiding officer may establish specific time limits on presentations.
Type of Action: Information
DISCUSSION AND NEXT STEPS
- Student-Centered Delivery of Services
- Equity and Access
- System Alignment
- Continuous Improvement and Capacity Building
- State Priorities and Direction Lead the State Plan
Schedule of Future Meetings
Proposed List of Meeting Dates and Times for 2021:
- Friday, March 19, 2020 from 10:30 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.*
- Friday, May 14, 2020 from 10:30 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.*
- Friday, July 16, 2020 from 10:30 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.*
- September 2021 date and time is to be determined.
- Friday, November 5, 2021, starting at 10:30 a.m.*
*These meeting dates are tentative and may be updated throughout the year.