CTEIG allowable non-allowable expenditures 20-21.Career Technical Education Incentive Grant (CTEIG) Allowable and non allowable expenditures 20-21.
Career Technical Education Incentive Grant
Allowable and Non-Allowable Expenditures 2020–21
(Pending Approval by the State Board of Education)
Allowable Activities and Costs - Funds provided under the CTEIG grant may be used for, but are not limited to, the following:
- Purchase and/or develop evidence-based, standards-based curriculum and instructional materials that focus on career technical pathway courses through a collaborative effort with secondary, postsecondary, and industry. This could include the development of updated or new career technical pathway courses, articulated and dual credit courses, curriculum to support leadership and work-based learning, and/or the development of curriculum and activities that lead to industry-recognized certifications or credentials;
- CTE Professional Development to enhance teaching and learning;
- Training and planning meetings between district CTE Advisory Committee personnel, including counselors, parents, college faculty, and business leaders, to support program sustainability and build local and regional awareness on the benefits of having such programs;
- Purchase of CTE equipment and materials needed to maintain industry standards;
- Transportation and other expenses that enable CTE leadership and work-based learning activities, including after-school, extended day, and out-of-school opportunities;
- Food and refreshments for CTE conference travel, student field trips and special events, and working CTE Advisory Committee and partnership meetings;
- Pupil support services;
- Facility repair for use of CTE program specific course equipment for industry skills attainment; and
- Purchase or rent vehicles exclusively for CTE use and available for use by all CTE programs. Capital outlay requests for vehicle purchases must be submitted to the regional CDE Consultant for review and approval.
Non-allowable Activities and Costs - Funds provided under the CTEIG grant may not be used to:
- Supplant existing funding or efforts, including costs otherwise necessary to operate a school or program without this grant.
- Acquire or utilize CTE equipment for administrative or personal use.
- Purchase furniture (e.g., bookcases, chairs, desks, file cabinets, tables).
- Purchase or remodel facilities unless directly related to accessibility to CTE pathways, instruction or services for students with disabilities.
- Travel outside of the United States or to banned states, as specified by state travel rules. Note: State law restricts the use of state general funds to pay for travel costs to states that have laws that discriminate based on sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
- Pay for student internships.