ResourcesA listing of resources and information on the Regional Occupational Centers and Programs (ROCP).
The ROCP Basics Web page provides information on the ROCP organization, funding, business and industry participation, and the accountability of ROCPs.
Curriculum Development Resources
Curriculum, State-wide Approved
As of July 1, 2006, there are no longer any statewide certified ROCP courses. The decision to terminate the development of statewide certified courses was made by the California Department of Education (CDE) staff following discussions with members of the California Association of Regional Occupational Centers and Programs (CAROCP) curriculum and instruction committee for the following reasons:
- The statewide course approval process was too costly and difficult to continue at the present time.
- Few of the ROCPs, throughout the state, adopted courses developed through this process.
All courses offered by ROCPs in the state must be developed, approved, and certified in accordance with current education code in order to claim state apportionment.
- ROCP Covid-19 Supplemental Funding (PDF)
DUE DATE: SEPTEMBER 1, 2021. Pursuant to Section 139 of Assembly Bill 130, in the 2021 Budget, the CDE will provide Covid-19 supplemental funding to career technical education, ROCPs operated by a Joint Powers Authority (JPA).
- Regional Occupational Centers and Programs Program Summary
Provides information on funding, services, outcomes, and students served in ROCPs.
- Regional Occupational Centers and Programs Counseling and Guidance Program Summary
Provides information on the roles of the CDE.
- California Basic Educational Data System Materials (CBEDS)
- Central Region Directory
Amador, Calaveras, Fresno, Kern, Kings, Merced, Mono, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Tulare
- Coastal Region Directory
Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Monterey, Napa, San Benito, San Francisco, San Luis Obispo, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma.
- Northern Region Directory
Butte, Del Norte, El Dorado, Glenn, Humboldt, Lake, Lassen, Mendocino, Modoc, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Sutter, Tehama, Yolo
- Southern Region Directory
Downey, Imperial, Inyo, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Ventura.
Technical Education Leadership Office
Career and College Transition Division
California Department of Education
1430 N Street, Suite 4202
Sacramento, CA 95814