High School Assessment and College OpportunitiesDetails on the High School Assessment and College Opportunities forum hosted by State Superintendent Tony Thurmond.
May 6, 2019 Forum
At a time when there are debates about summative assessments and the best measurements for predicting college readiness, the California Department of Education gathered a panel of experts and leaders to discuss the latest research and developments in the field.
- Quality measures of predicting college success
- Differential equity implications for different measures of college success
- National trends in high school assessments used for college entrance and/or meeting federal K–12 assessment requirements
- Michal Kurlaender, Professor of Education Policy at UC Davis
- Young Whan Choi, Manager of Performance Assessments at Oakland Unified School District
- Claude Steele, Professor of Psychology at Stanford University
- James Popham, Emeritus Professor in the UCLA Graduate School of Education and Information Studies
- Michael McCormick, Superintendent at Val Verde Unified School District