2018 U.S. Senate Youth Program InstructionsInstructions for the 2018 U.S. Senate Youth Program Application.
To apply for the 2018 U.S. Senate Youth Program, students must meet these minimum eligible qualifications:
- Show demonstrated leadership through public service in elected or appointed positions where they are actively representing a consituency in organizations that relate to government, public affairs, history and/or community service.
- Must be actively serving in qualified leadership positions, enrolled in high school as a junior or senior and living in California for the entire 2017-2018 academic year.
- Must be a legal permanent resident or citizen of the United States at the time of application.
If the above has been met, then the student must do the following:
- Complete the online California Student Application Part B and Exam (Survey)
Survey deadline closes on Wednesday, October 4, 2017.
- Part A – Send unofficial student transcripts with a list of all courses plus complete form and attain required signatures from school principal, student, and parent.
Part A form and transcripts must be mailed to CDE and postmarked by Wednesday, October 4, 2017.Important!
- Late applicants will not be considered.
- Application packets received by fax or e-mail will not be considered.
- Incomplete submissions may be disqualified.
- Please do not include additional materials besides the required elements.
Mail Part A of the application packet to:
David Carriker, United States Senate Youth Program
California Department of Education
Office of the State Superintendent
1430 N Street, Suite 5602
Sacramento, CA 95814-5901