Part 3a: Intro to Formal ProcurementPart 3a in the Procurement Guidance Course Series.
Learn when program operators must use the formal procurement method, identify the four principles of procurement, recognize when to use the different types of formal procurement methods, and learn the five best practice steps in the formal procurement process.
Course Number: 097
- Training Length: 28 minutes
- Certificate: Available at the end of the training
- Target Audience: Agency business officials and food service staff
- Mandatory: No
- Cost: Free
- Date Recorded: August 2018
- Acquisition.gov Federal Acquisitions Regulations web page
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Title 7, CFR web page
- CDE Buy American In School Nutrition Programs online course
- Electronic CFR, Title 2, CFR web page
- California Legislative Information Education Code web page
- California Legislative Information Public Contact Code web page
- California Legislative Information Government Code web page
- Crediting: 0.5 hours
- Key Area:
- Training Topic:
- Learning Objective: Purchasing food, supplies, and equipment through vendors (2430)
- Training Topic: Purchasing (2400)
For more information on crediting, access the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) web document Professional Standards Learning Objectives
If you have technical difficulties or questions regarding the course content, please email the CDE Procurement Resources Unit at NSDProcurementReview@cde.ca.gov.