Part 3b: Formal Procurement: Invitation for BidsPart 3b in the Procurement Guidance Course Series.
Understand when it is appropriate to use the Invitation for Bids (IFB) solicitation method to conduct a formal procurement, identify the five best practice steps for the formal procurement method using the IFB solicitation method, and learn how to properly execute each step in the formal procurement process using the IFB solicitation method.
- Course Number: 098
- Training Length: 35 minutes
- Certificate: Yes
- Target Audience: School business officials and food service staff
- Mandatory: No
- Cost: Free
- Date Recorded: December 2022
Begin the Part 3b: Formal Procurement: IFB course.
- California Department of Education (CDE) Child Nutrition Programs (CNP) Course Catalog web page
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Title 2 web page
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Procuring Local Food web page
- California Legislative Information Public Contract Code web page
- CDE Procurement in Child Nutrition Programs web page
- Crediting: 0.5 hours
- Key Area:
Operations (2000) or Administration (3000)
- Training Topic:
Purchasing (2400) or Program Management (3200)
- Learning Objective: Purchasing food, supplies, and equipment in compliance with federal, state, and local procurement regulations (2430) or Oversee Standard Operating Procedures for routine operations (3220)
- Training Topic: Purchasing (2400) or Program Management (3200)
If you have technical difficulties or questions regarding the course content, please email the CDE Procurement Resources Unit at NSDProcurementReview@cde.ca.gov.