Part 3b: Formal Procurement: Invitation for BidsSchool Nutrition Programs Formal Procurement: Invitation for Bids online training course.
Understand when it is appropriate to use the Invitation for Bids (IFB) solicitation method to conduct a formal procurement, identify the five best practice steps for the formal procurement method using the IFB solicitation method, and learn how to properly execute each step in the formal procurement process using the IFB solicitation method.
Course Number: 098
- Training Length: 33 minutes
- Certificate: Available at the end of the training
- Target Audience: Agency business officials and food service staff
- Mandatory: No
- Cost: Free
- Date Recorded: August 2018
Begin the Procurement Guidance 3b: Formal Procurement: Invitation for Bids course.
- California Department of Education (CDE) Procurement Guidance Video Series web page
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Title 2, CFR web page
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Procuring Local Foods for Child Nutrition Programs web page
- California Legislative Information Public Contract Code web page
- CDE Procurement in Child Nutrition Programs web page
- Crediting: 0.5 hours
- Key Area:
Operations (2000) or Administration (3000)
- Training Topic:
Purchasing (2400) or Program Management (3200)
- Learning Objective: Purchasing food, supplies, and equipment in compliance with federal, state, and local procurement regulations (2430) or Oversee Standard Operating Procedures for routine operations (3220)
- Training Topic: Purchasing (2400) or Program Management (3200)
For more information on crediting, access the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) web document Professional Standards Learning Objectives (PDF)
If you have technical difficulties or questions regarding the course content, please email the CDE Procurement Resources Unit at SFSContracts@cde.ca.gov.