Local Meal Charge Policy Resources/Best PracticesThe School Nutrition Programs Local Meal Charge Policy Resources and Best Practices online training.
The objective of this training is to provide resources which include California law, California Department of Education (CDE) management bulletins and web pages, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) policy memos and resources regarding local meal charge policies and Senate Bill 250, as well as best practices.
- Course Number: 321
- Training Length: 25 minutes
- Certificate: Available at the end of the training
- Target Audience: Food Service Director, Staff, and Chief Business Officials
- Mandatory: No
- Cost: Free
- Date Recorded: January 2019
Begin the Resources and Best Practices course.
The following resources are referred to throughout this online course.
- The Child Hunger Prevention and Fair Treatment Act of 2017
- CDE Management Bulletin SNP-22-2019: Senate Bill 250 and Senate Bill 265
- CDE Management Bulletin SNP-03-2017: Unpaid Meal Charges and Excess Account Balances
- CDE web page: Community Eligibility Provision
- CDE web page: Provisions: Claiming Alternatives
- USDA Policy Memo SP 23-2017: Unpaid Meal Charges: Guidance and Q&As
- USDA Policy Memo SP 46-2016: Unpaid Meal Charges: Local Meal Charge Policies
- USDA Policy Memo SP 43-2016: Ensuring Access to Free and Reduced-Price School Meals for Low-Income Students
- USDA Policy Memo SP 17-2014: Discretionary Elimination of Reduced Price Charges in the School Meal Program
- USDA Policy Memo SP 29-2017: 2017 Edition: Overcoming the Unpaid Meal Challenge: Proven Strategies from Our Nation’s Schools
- USDA web page: Unpaid Meal Charges
- USDA Webinar: Unpaid Meal Charges: Local Charge Policy Requirements
- Crediting: 0.42 hours
- Key Area:
- Training Topic:
Program Management (3200)
- Learning Objective: Oversee Standard Operation Procedures for routine operations (3220)
- Training Topic: Program Management (3200)
For more information on crediting, access the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) web document Professional Standards Learning Objectives (PDF)
If you have questions, please contact the School Nutrition Programs Unit by email at SNPquestions@cde.ca.gov.
Questions: Nutrition Services Division | 800-952-5609
Last Reviewed: Monday, July 11, 2022
Share this Page
Trending in Nutrition
Recently Posted in Nutrition