FDP: Maximizing the Use of USDA Foods EntitlementThe Food Distribution Program (FDP) Maximizing the Use of U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Foods Entitlement online training.
Learn to maximize your USDA Foods entitlement and hear from Vince Enserro, Director of Nutrition Services at Chico Unified School District (USD), and Kat Soltanmorad, Director of Food and Nutrition Services at Tahoe Truckee USD who provide their tips for effectively using USDA Foods to stretch their tight budgets.
- Course Number: 485
- Training Length: 44 minutes
- Certificate: No
- Target Audience: Food Service Director and Staff
- Mandatory: No
- Cost: Free
- Date Recorded: May 2017
The following resources are referred to throughout this online course:
- USDA Foods Product Information Sheets web page
- USDA Foods Pricing Reports web page
- USDA Foods Expected to be Available web page
- USDA Foods Cost Analysis Tool
- USDA Foods Toolkit web page
- Crediting: 0.50 hour
- Key Area:
- Training Topic:
Menu Planning (1100)
- Learning Objective: Plan for effective use of USDA Foods (1170)
- Training Topic: Menu Planning (1100)
For more information on crediting, access the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) web document Professional Standards Learning Objectives (PDF)
For more information on USDA Foods, visit the California Department of Education Food Distribution web page.
For questions regarding the course content, contact Amy Bell, Child Nutrition Consultant, by phone at 916-322-5051 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.