Proposed Rulemaking & RegulationsNotices of proposed actions to adopt, amend, or repeal regulations for the California Department of Education, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, and the California State Board of Education.
Notices of proposed actions to adopt, amend, or repeal regulations for the California Department of Education (CDE), the State Board of Education (SBE), and the State Superintendent of Public Instruction (SSPI) are listed below. All SBE regulations on this website must be submitted to and adopted by the SBE before the completed rulemaking file can be submitted to the Office of Administrative Law for review and approval.
Below are links that will provide information on how to participate in the public comment process, where and to whom written comments can be submitted and frequently asked questions with regards to the regulatory process.
State Board of Education Regulations
State Superintendent of Public Instruction Regulations
- 12-Month Eligibility (ELCD)
- California Department of Education (CDE) Conflict of Interest Code
- California State Preschool Program (CSPP)
- Foster Youth Local Complaint Time Line
- Local Educational Agencies Exempt from Licensing (ELCD)
- Regional Parent Advisory Council (RPAC)
- Staffing Ratios (ELCD)
- Uniform Complaint Procedures (UCP)