Proposed Rulemaking & RegulationsNotices of proposed actions to adopt, amend, or repeal regulations for the California Department of Education, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, and the California State Board of Education.
Notices of proposed actions to adopt, amend, or repeal regulations for the California Department of Education (CDE), the State Board of Education (SBE), and the State Superintendent of Public Instruction (SSPI) are listed below. All SBE regulations on this Web site must be submitted to and adopted by the SBE before the completed rulemaking file can be submitted to the Office of Administrative Law for review and approval.
Below are links that will provide information on how to participate in the public comment process, where and to whom written comments can be submitted and frequently asked questions with regards to the regulatory process.
State Board of Education Regulations
- Appointment of Instructional Materials Reviewers and Content Review Experts; Application Process for Curriculum Framework and Evaluation Criteria Committee Members, Instructional Materials Reviewers, and Content Review Experts; and Standards for Evaluating Instructional Materials for Social Content (CFIRD)
- California Assessment of Student Performance & Progress (CAASPP)
- California Education for a Global Economy Initiative (CA Ed.G.E.)
- California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE)
- English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC)
- Instruction Materials Adoptions (CFIRD)
- Instructional Materials Follow-Up Adoptions (CFIRD)
- History-Social Science Instructional Materials Adoption (CFIRD)
- Local Control Funding Formula & Local Control and Accountability Plan Template
- Procedures for Reviewing Proposed Revisions to Adopted Instructional Materials
- Pupil Instruction: Courses Without Educational Content
State Superintendent of Public Instruction Regulations
- Confidentiality of Records (EESD)
- High School Equivalency Test (HSET)
- Mental Health Services for Students with Disabilities (Title 2)