Proposed Rulemaking & RegulationsNotices of proposed actions to adopt, amend, or repeal regulations for the California Department of Education, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, and the California State Board of Education.
Notices of proposed actions to adopt, amend, or repeal regulations for the California Department of Education (CDE), the State Board of Education (SBE), and the State Superintendent of Public Instruction (SSPI) are listed below. All SBE regulations on this website must be submitted to and adopted by the SBE before the completed rulemaking file can be submitted to the Office of Administrative Law for review and approval.
Below are links that will provide information on how to participate in the public comment process, where and to whom written comments can be submitted and frequently asked questions with regards to the regulatory process.
State Board of Education Regulations
- California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) and English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC)
- California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE)
- Conflict of Interest Code (SBE)
- Extended School Year (5 CCR Sections 3043(g) and (i))
- High School Equivalency (HSE) Program
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT)