Administrator TrainingRepository archive entry for the Administrator Training program in the Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) Section of the CDE Web site.
Added to Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) on February 27, 2017.
This information is for historical purposes only and it is possible that information contained here may not be current.
- 2006–07 to 2012–13
- Effective 2013–14, the Administrator Training Program was subsumed into the local control funding formula.
- Assembly Bill (AB) 430 (Ch. 364, 2005) reauthorized the Principal Training Program and changed the name of the program to the Administrator Training Program
- California Education Code (EC) sections 44510 through 44517
Source of Appropriation/Budget Act Item
- 2006–07: Item 6110-485(8), Budget Act of 2006 (Ch. 47, 2006)
- 2007–08 to 2012–13: Item 6110-144-0001 of the annual budget act
- The Administrator Training Program supported professional development that focused on building principals’ and vice principals’ leadership skills. It provided a state contribution of $3,000 for participants who completed required training. The funds were allocated as follows: (a) $1,200 for beginning participants; (b) an additional $900 for participants who complete 80 hours of training; and (c) the final $900 for participants who completed the required 160 hours of training.
SACS Resource/Revenue Codes
- 7325 / 8590
- EC Section 42605 authorized complete flexibility by a school district, county office of education, and charter school in the use of funds appropriated in the state budget for fiscal years 2008–09 through 2012–13.
Questions: California Department of Education | 916-319-0800
Last Reviewed: Wednesday, March 23, 2022