Charter School Facility Grant ProgramRepository archive entry for the Charter School Facility Grant program in the Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) Section of the CDE Web site.
Added to Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) on October 15, 2019.
This information is for historical purposes only and it is possible that information contained here may not be current.
The Charter School Facility Grant Program provided assistance with facilities rent and lease expenditures for charter schools that meet specific eligibility criteria.
- Funding established in 2001; currently active.
- Effective July 1, 2013, Assembly Bill 86 (Chapter 48, Statutes of 2013) authorized the transfer of the administration of the Charter School Facility Grant Program from the California Department of Education to the California State Treasurer's Office - California School Finance Authority (CSFA).
- California Education Code (EC) sections 47614.5
- California Code of Regulations, Title 4, sections 10170.1 – 10170.15
Source of Appropriation/Budget Act Item
- Budget Act Item 0985-001-0001
- The CDE administered the Charter School Facility Grant Program from 2001 to 2013 at which time the administration of the program transferred to the California School Finance Authority (CSFA).
- The program assists Charter Schools with the following: “costs associated with facilities rents and leases, consistent with the definitions used in the California School Accounting Manual (CSAM) or regulations adopted by the California School Finance Authority. These funds may also be used for costs, including, but not limited to, remodeling buildings, deferred maintenance, initially installing or extending service systems, other built-in equipment, improving sites, and common area maintenance (CAM).” Funding was allocated by formula and was based on the most recent annual Language Census Report (R30-LC). The appropriated funds were prorated according to the number of EL students enrolled in the participating local educational agencies.