Educational TechnologyRepository archive entry for the Educational Technology program in the Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) Section of the CDE Web site.
Added to Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) on May 29, 2015.
This information is for historical purposes only and it is possible that information contained here may not be current.
- Funded through 2012–13
- Effective 2013–14, the Educational Technology program, including the California Technology Assistance Project (CTAP) and Statewide Education Technology Services (SETS) was subsumed into the local control funding formula.
- California Education Code (EC) sections 44730, 44731 and 51870 through 51874
Source of Appropriation/Budget Act Item
- Budget Act Item 6110-181-0001
- Budget Act Item 6110-180-0890 provided federal funds for CTAP regions
- Prior to 2008–09, funds were restricted to the Educational Technology program which supported the CTAP regions that provided technology assistance to local educational agencies and SETS, authorized by the State Board of Education.
SACS Resource/Revenue Codes
- 7110 / 8590
- EC Section 42605 authorized complete flexibility for this funding for fiscal years 2008–09 through 2012–13. During those years, county offices of education could use funds received for any educational purpose.
Questions: California Department of Education | 916-319-0800
Last Reviewed: Thursday, September 24, 2020