International BaccalaureateRepository archive entry for the International Baccalaureate program in the Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) Section of the CDE Web site.
Added to Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) on May 12, 2017.
This information is for historical purposes only and it is possible that information contained here may not be current.
- Funded through 2012–13
- Effective 2013–14, the International Baccalaureate (IB) program was subsumed into the local control funding formula.
- California Education Code (EC) sections 52920–52922
Source of Appropriation/Budget Act Item
- Budget Act Item 6110-240-0001(1)
IB provided funding to participating public high schools and middle schools that offered an IB Program. Funding could be used to cover ongoing costs of professional development required by the program and to subsidize fees for exams for eligible students.
Public high schools and middle schools that offered the IB Diploma Program and the IB Middle Years Program were eligible. High schools that had the highest level of students from low-income families and high schools that were authorized by the International Baccalaureate Organization were given priority.
- If funds were insufficient to fully fund all grants that were authorized, annual grants were first allocated to those schools that were funded in the prior year in the amount of the prior year's grant.
SACS Resource/Revenue Codes
- 7286 / 8590
- EC Section 42605 authorized complete flexibility for this funding for fiscal years 2008–09 through 2012–13. During those years, a school district could use funds received for any educational purpose.