Middle and HS Supplemental School Counseling Prgm.Repository archive entry for the Middle and High School Supplemental School Counseling Program in the Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) Section of the CDE Web site.
Added to Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) on March 30, 2016.
This information is for historical purposes only and it is possible that information contained here may not be current.
- Funded through 2012–13
- Effective 2013–14, the Middle and High School Supplemental School Counseling program was subsumed into the local control funding formula.
- California Education Code (EC) sections 52378-52380
- Source of Appropriation/Budget Act Item:
- Budget Act Item 6110-108-0001
- The Middle and High School Supplemental School Counseling Program was a state categorical program established in the 2006–07 California Budget Act and was contained in the Consolidated Application. Funding supported additional, appropriate counseling services for students in grades seven through twelve at risk of (1) not passing the California High School Exit Examination, or (2) not accessing the standards curriculum because a student was two or more grade levels below standards by the seventh grade. This supplemental funding was used to increase access to appropriate counseling services for those students.
A school district, county office of education or charter school received funding equal to its California Basic Educational Data System (CBEDS) enrollment for grades seven through twelve multiplied by an annual rate; minimum funding levels were based on school site enrollment.
SACS Resource/Revenue Codes
- 7080 / 8590
- EC Section 42605 authorized complete flexibility for this funding for fiscal years 2008–09 through 2012–13. During those years, a school district, county office of education or charter school could use funds received for any educational purpose.
Links to Related CDE Resources
Questions: California Department of Education | 916-319-0800
Last Reviewed: Tuesday, November 07, 2023