National Board for Professional Teaching StandardsRepository archive entry for the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Certification Incentive program in the Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) Section of the CDE Web site.
Added to Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) on January 12, 2018.
This information is for historical purposes only and it is possible that information contained here may not be current.
- Funded through 2012–13
- Effective 2013–14, the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Certification Incentive program was subsumed into the local control funding formula.
- California Education Code (EC) sections 44395–44399.1
Source of Appropriation/Budget Act Item
- Budget Act Item 6110-195-0001
- The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Certification Incentive program provided awards of up to $20,000 to teachers who attained certification from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards and agreed to teach in high-priority schools. Awards were disbursed in annual payments over a four-year period.
SACS Resource/Revenue Codes
- 6267 / 8590
- EC Section 42605 authorized complete flexibility for this funding for fiscal years 2008–09 through 2012–13. However, during those years, this program had requirements in EC Section 42605(e)(3) that excluded from flexibility any funds required to fund awards for teachers that had previously met the requirements necessary to obtain the awards, until the award was paid in full. Once the obligation was met the school district, county office of education or charter school could use funds received for any educational purpose.
Questions: California Department of Education | 916-319-0800
Last Reviewed: Wednesday, March 23, 2022