Peer Assistance and Review ProgramRepository archive entry for the Peer Assistance and Review program in the Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) Section of the CDE Web site.
Added to Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) on January 12, 2018.
This information is for historical purposes only and it is possible that information contained here may not be current.
- Funded through 2012–13
- Effective 2013–14, the Peer Assistance and Review program was subsumed into the local control funding formula.
- California Education Code (EC) sections 44500–44508
Source of Appropriation/Budget Act Item
- Budget Act Item 6110-193-0001(2)
- The Peer Assistance and Review (PAR) program was a state categorical program contained in the Consolidated Application. Funding was available for professional development activities to assist experienced teachers who needed help developing their subject matter knowledge, teaching strategies, or both. Participants were teachers who had received an unsatisfactory evaluation or had been referred to the program. Teachers were also allowed to request participation. After the needs of referred teachers had been met, funds could be used to support other professional development activities listed in EC Section 44506(b).
Local educational agencies (LEAs) received funding based on 5 percent of the California Basic Educational Data System count of certificated classroom teachers, rounded up to a whole number, and multiplied by an annual rate. The funding rates reflected a base funding plus bonus funding depending on which year the LEA certified entrance into the PAR program. LEAs having less than five certificated employees were provided a lower base funding per certificated employee plus the PAR bonus amount.
SACS Resource/Revenue Codes
- 7271 / 8590
- EC Section 42605 authorized complete flexibility for this funding for fiscal years 2008–09 through 2012–13. During those years, a school district or county office of education could use funds received for any educational purpose.
Questions: California Department of Education | 916-319-0800
Last Reviewed: Thursday, September 24, 2020