Reader Services for Legally Blind TeachersRepository archive entry for the Reader Services for Legally Blind Teachers program in the Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) Section of the CDE Web site.
Added to Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) on March 26, 2019.
This information is for historical purposes only and it is possible that information contained here may not be current.
- Reader Services for Legally Blind Teachers
- Funded through 2012–13
- Effective 2013–14, the Reader Services for Legally Blind Teachers program was subsumed into the local control funding formula.
- California Education Code (EC) Section 44925
Source of Appropriation/Budget Act Item:
- Budget Act Item 6110-193-0001(3)
The Reader Services for Legally Blind Teachers program provided funding for readers for blind teachers pursuant to EC Section 44925 which allowed the governing board of any school district to employ or engage as an independent contractor a qualified person to serve as limited-term or part-time reader assistant in connection with instruction in composition and writing, and in mathematics, to teachers.
SACS Resource/Revenue Codes:
- 0000 / 8590
- EC Section 42605 authorized complete flexibility for this funding for fiscal years 2008–09 through 2012–13. During those years a school district or county office of education could use funds received for any educational purpose.