School Safety and Violence PreventionRepository archive entry for the School Safety and Violence Prevention program in the Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) Section of the CDE Web site.
Added to Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) on March 26, 2019.
This information is for historical purposes only and it is possible that information contained here may not be current.
- School Safety and Violence Prevention
- Funded through 2012–13
- Effective 2013–14, the School Safety and Violence Prevention program was subsumed into the local control funding formula.
- California Education Code (EC) sections 32228–32228.5
Source of Appropriation/Budget Act Item:
- Budget Act Item 6110-228-0001
The Carl Washington School Safety and Violence Prevention Act provided funding to school districts and county offices of education that served pupils in any of grades eight through twelve, inclusive. The intent was to establish programs and strategies that emphasized violence prevention among children and youth in public schools. Funds were used for personnel, materials, strategies or programs that materially contributed to meeting the goals and objectives of respective current year laws preventing violence among students.
SACS Resource/Revenue Codes:
- 6405 / 8590
- EC Section 42605 authorized complete flexibility for this funding for fiscal years 2008–09 through 2012–13. During those years a school district or county office of education could use funds received for any educational purpose.