Teacher Credentialing Block GrantRepository archive entry for the Teacher Credentialing Block Grant program in the Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) Section of the CDE Web site.
Added to Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) on March 26, 2019.
This information is for historical purposes only and it is possible that information contained here may not be current.
- Teacher Credentialing Block Grant
- Funded through 2012–13
- Effective 2013–14, the Teacher Credentialing Block Grant (TCBG) program was subsumed into the local control funding formula.
- California Education Code (EC) sections 41520–41522, and 44279.1
Source of Appropriation/Budget Act Item:
- Budget Act Item 6110-244-0001
The TCBG program provided funding for the Beginning Teacher Support and Assessment (BTSA) program. The BTSA program was an initiative to provide formative assessment and individualized support based on assessment information for beginning teachers. In order to receive TCBG funds, local educational agencies must have developed and implemented teacher induction programs that met the standards adopted by the California Department of Education and the Commission on Teacher Credentialing. Prospective program sponsors were required to submit a detailed program proposal that met the SB 2042 Induction Program Standards. The submission (narrative and supporting evidence) was evaluated on each standard and its elements.
SACS Resource/Revenue Codes:
- 7392 / 8590
- EC Section 42605 authorized complete flexibility for this funding for fiscal years 2008–09 through 2012–13. During those years a school district or county office of education could use funds received for any educational purpose.