Targeted Instructional Improvement Block GrantRepository archive entry for the Targeted Instructional Improvement Block Grant program in the Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) Section of the CDE Web site.
Added to Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) on March 26, 2019.
This information is for historical purposes only and it is possible that information contained here may not be current.
- Targeted Instructional Improvement Block Grant
- Funded through 2012–13
- Effective 2013–14, the Targeted Instructional Improvement Block Grant program was subsumed into the local control funding formula.
- California Education Code (EC) sections 41540–41543
Source of Appropriation/Budget Act Item:
- Budget Act Item 6110-246-0001
Once any court-ordered desegregation funding requirements were satisfied, the Targeted Instructional Improvement Block Grant program funding could be used for any purpose authorized by the Targeted Instructional Improvement Grants (TIIG) or Supplemental Grants (SG) Programs as the program statutes read on January 1, 2004. TIIG allowed funds to be expended for the costs of court-ordered and voluntary desegregation programs and to provide for instructional improvement for the lowest achieving pupils in the district. SG allowed expenditures to supplement the funding of over twenty categorical programs listed in the SG statute.
SACS Resource/Revenue Codes:
- 7394 / 8590
- EC Section 42605 authorized complete flexibility for this funding for fiscal years 2008–09 through 2012–13. During those years a school district or county office of education could use funds received for any educational purpose.