CDMIS Update #27CDMIS Update regarding additional QRIS selections in the 801A report.
While the California Department of Education continues to operate the California State Preschool Program, the Early Childhood Development Act of 2020 (Senate Bill (SV) 98, Chapter 24, Statutes of 2020) authorized the transfer of many childcare programs from the California Department of Education to the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) effective July 1, 2021. The content on this page may include programs that have moved to CDSS. For additional assistance you can either visit the CDSS Child Care Transition web page or call 1-833-559-2420 for more information.
Child Development Management Information System (CDMIS)
August 4, 2021
Jump to a topic:
Updated QRIS Field
Additional Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) Participation Options in the CDD-801A Report
The Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) Participatin information field in the CDD-801A report indicates the type of quality child care available to children and families (if any). The QRIS is a method for rating the quality of child care for a child receiving subsidized child care services through an agency's contract with the Early Learning and Care Division (ELCD). The CDD-801A report is making additional options to this field in order to
Although the California Code of Regulations, Title 5 mandates that all state funded child development programs implement certain elements of quality, there is no requirement for participation in a local QRIS. A QRIS is a set of ratings, graduated by level of quality, used to assess early learning and care programs. In addition to the existing selections available in the CDD-801A report for the QRIS field, the CDMIS Office has added six (6) options. Below is a list of all options now available for the QRIS field (bolded options are the new additions):
- 0 — No. Provider is eligible but does not participate in a QRIS.
- 1 — Yes. Provider does participate in a QRIS and tier rank is 1.
- 2 — Yes. Provider does participate in a QRIS and tier rank is 2.
- 3 — Yes. Provider does participate in a QRIS and tier rank is 3.
- 4 — Yes. Provider does participate in a QRIS and tier rank is 4.
- 5 — Yes. Provider does participate in a QRIS and tier rank is 5.
- 6 — Yes. Provider does participate in a QRIS but is not yet rated.
- 7 — The State has an operating QRIS in the provider's area, but the provider is not eligible to participate.
- 8 — The State does not have an operating QRIS in the provider's area.
- 9 — The State has an operating QRIS in the provider's area but information is currently unavailable at the provider level.
More information on the QRIS field can be found in the QRIS data definitions webpage.