Student Accessibility Resources
The California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) System provides a full range of assessment resources for all students, including those who are English learners and students with disabilities. These resources ensure that the assessments meet the needs of all students. Teachers are encouraged to review these resources early in the school year and provide opportunities for students to experience these resources throughout the year in classroom instruction and assessment.
Some resources are embedded into the technology platform for the computer-administered CAASPP tests. Other resources are considered non-embedded since they are provided by the local educational agency (LEA). The following list defines the four different categories of student accessibility resources:
- Universal tools are available to all students on the basis of student preference and selection.
- Designated supports are available to all students when determined for use by an educator or team of educators (with parent/guardian and student input, as appropriate) or specified in the student’s individualized education program (IEP) or Section 504 plan.
- Accommodations must be permitted on CAASPP tests to all eligible students if specified in the student’s IEP or Section 504 plan.
- Unlisted resources are non-embedded and shall be made available if specified in the eligible student’s individualized education program (IEP) or Section 504 plan and only on approval by the California Department of Education (CDE)
Learn more about student accessibility resources by selecting the links below:
2018-19 California Student Assessment Accessibility documents
- English Language Arts/Literacy (PDF)
- Mathematics (PDF)
- Science (PDF)
- California Spanish Assessment (PDF)
- English Language Proficiency Assessments of California (PDF)