SNP Professional Standards: Training StandardsThe School Nutrition Programs (SNP) Professional Standards: Training Standards online training course.
This training course provides an overview of U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) SNP training standards. By the end of this course, participants should understand the following: professional standards annual training requirements for all SNP staff, how to credit time for annual training, and appropriate resources, training topics, and formats for training.
- Course Number: 267
- Training Length: 20 min
- Certificate: Available at the end of the training
- Target Audience: Food Service Directors and Staff
- Mandatory: No
- Cost: Free
- Date Recorded: September 2019
Review this introductory video before beginning the SNP Professional Standards: Training Standards course.
Begin the SNP Professional Standards: Training Standards course
- California Department of Education (CDE) Professional Standards web page
- Free and low-cost training resources under the CDE Professional Standards web page Training tab
- USDA Professional Standards web page
- Crediting: 0.25 hours
- Key Area:
- Training Topic:
Human Resources and Staff Training (3400)
- Learning Objective: Training Plans and Tracking (3430)
- Training Topic: Human Resources and Staff Training (3400)
For more information on crediting, access the USDA web document Professional Standards Learning Objectives (PDF)
USDA Professional Standards for State and Local SNPs Personnel as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 provides the final rule, which establishes minimum professional standards for SNP personnel who manage and operate the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs.
For questions regarding the course content, contact the CDE Nutrition Services Division by phone at 800-952-5609 or by email at Professional Standards@cde.ca.gov.