FDP: Processing USDA Foods & Processing SurveysThe Food Distribution Program (FDP) Processing U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Foods and Completing Processing Surveys online training.
Do you want a better understanding of the processing component of the U.S. Department of (USDA) Agriculture Foods program? This training provides an overview of how to calculate the amount of USDA Foods to send to a processor and steps to complete the processor survey in the Child Nutrition Information and Payment System (CNIPS).
- Course Number: 860
- Training Length: 37 minutes
- Certificate: No
- Target Audience: Food Service Director and Staff of State Cooperatives and Allocation Agencies
- Mandatory: No
- Cost: Free
- Date Recorded: April 2016
The following resources are referred to throughout this online course:
- California Department of Education (CDE) CNIPS web page
- CDE FDP USDA Foods Processing Program web page
- The Institute of Child Nutrition https://theicn.org/
- Crediting: 0.50 hour
- Key Area:
- Training Topic:
Menu Planning (1100)
- Learning Objective: Plan for effective use of USDA Foods (1170)
- Training Topic: Menu Planning (1100)
For more information on crediting, access the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) web document Professional Standards Learning Objectives (PDF)
For more information on USDA Foods, visit the CDE Food Distribution web page.
For questions regarding the course content, contact Amy Bell, Child Nutrition Consultant, by phone at 916-322-5051 or by email at email@example.com.