Arts Ed and World LangDel. Facilitator Training
Instructional Quality CommissionAn advisory body to the California State Board of Education
Public Meeting Notice/Agenda
(Meeting is open to the public)
2021 Arts Education Instructional Materials Adoption and 2021 World
Languages Instructional Materials Adoption Facilitator Deliberations Training
Monday, July 12, 2021
1 to 3 p.m. ± (plus or minus)*
California Department of Education
1430 N Street, Room 1101, Sacramento, CA 95814
* MEETING MAY END EARLIER OR LATER THAN SPECIFIED TIME BASED ON TIME NEEDED TO COMPLETE THE AGENDA.
The Instructional Quality Commission (IQC) facilitators for the 2021 Arts Education Instructional Materials Adoption and 2021 World Languages Instructional Materials Adoption will receive training for the deliberations stage of the adoption process.
On March 17, 2020, Governor Gavin Newsom issued Executive Order N-29-20 related to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Executive Order allows state bodies covered by the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act (Act) to hold public meetings covered by the Act via web and/or audio teleconferencing. As such, the Instructional Materials Adoptions Facilitator Deliberations Training will be held as an audio/video teleconference and will have a live webcast which will subsequently be archived on the IQC website. The Board Room 1101 in the California Department of Education (CDE) will be closed to the public. Please see the Public Comment Guidelines section below for options to view and participate during the meeting.
The public is welcome to view the meeting and give public comment.
Public comment may be provided via email or phone, as specified below.
The public is highly encouraged to submit written comment to the Instructional Quality Commission in advance for their prior consideration. In order to help ensure that Commissioners have sufficient time to review comments prior to the meeting, please submit your comment by noon on Tuesday, July 6, 2021. Comments should be submitted to the Arts Adoption mailbox at: email@example.com or the World Languages Adoption mailbox at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While not required, we ask that you include the following information in the body of the email:
- Commenter’s first and last name
- Organization affiliation
- Agenda item number or general public comment
Public comment may also be provided during the meeting by dialing the phone number and following a prompt to provide a participant access code. The operator will notify callers when it is their turn to provide public comment. Public comment will be limited to one minute. If possible, we recommend members of the public dialing in for public comment view the live-stream of the meeting for a better understanding of the meeting’s status. The number and access code are below and will also be announced at the start of public comment.
- The phone line will open before each public comment agenda item and close at the conclusion of that item. Speakers should not call in until the beginning of the agenda item they wish to give public comment on.
- Prior to making public comment, speakers who are watching the meeting via live webcast should make sure the volume on their computer is muted to avoid an echoing or feedback sounds during the call.
- Each speaker will be allotted one minute of public comment for each agenda item.
- Please use the phone number and access code provided below:
- Phone number: (712) 770-4993
- Access code: 5906620
- Phone number: (712) 770-4993
- The presiding office reserves the right to impose time limits on public comment as may be necessary to ensure that the agenda is completed.
Reasonable Accommodation for Any Individual With A Disability
Pursuant to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, any individual with a disability or any other individual who requires reasonable accommodation to attend or participate in a meeting or function of IQC, may request assistance by contacting the CDE's Curriculum Frameworks & Instructional Resources Division (CFIRD) Office at 1430 N Street, Room 3207, Sacramento, CA 95814; telephone 916-319-0881; facsimile 916-319-0172 at least 3 days in advance of the scheduled meeting date.
For more information concerning the agenda, please contact the CFIRD Office at 1430 N Street, Room 3207, Sacramento, CA, 95814; telephone 916-319-0881; facsimile 916-319-0172. This agenda is posted on the IQC website.
- Welcome and Purpose
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Initial Tally Summary Data
- Priorities and Consensus
- Drafting Publisher Questions
- Deliberations Scenarios 1
- In-depth Discussion: Category 1.1 Priorities and Consensus
- Public Comment
- Report of Findings
- Citation Collection
- . Edits and Corrections and Social Content
- Deliberations Scenarios 2
- Deliberations Public Comment and Publisher Interactions
- Deliberations Scenarios 3
- Public Comment
- Questions and Closing