Instructional Quality Commission for 2021
State of California
Gavin Newsom, Governor
Instructional Quality CommissionAn advisory body to the California State Board of Education
2021 Instructional Quality Commission Goals
Commission approved on January 22, 2021
- Ensure every member of the Instructional Quality Commission (IQC) follows the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act.
- Provide support for the 2021 Arts Education and World Languages Instructional Materials Adoptions.
- Provide support for the 2021 revision of the Mathematics Framework and 2024 revision of the Physical Education Framework.
- Provide support for the preparation of the 2023 Mathematics Instructional Materials Adoption.
- Provide support for the launch events, rollout plans, and professional learning activities of the various curriculum frameworks and model curricula, as appropriate.
- Ensure that the IQC’s organization reflects the advisory needs of the State Board of Education.
- Engage and participate in a continuous improvement protocol as the IQC works through relevant curriculum and instruction issues.
- Remain informed on the California’s Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) and integrate, as appropriate, guidance aligned with the MTSS.
Last Reviewed: Wednesday, March 01, 2023