December 2005 Information MemorandaBackground information and updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members.
Periodically, the State Board Members may receive information memoranda from State Board staff and the California Department of Education. The information memoranda may include background information, updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members, and reports on a variety of educational topics.
- 2005 Academic Performance Index Base Methodology (DOC; 57KB; 4pp.)
- California High School Exit Examination: Including, but not limited to, California High School Exit Examination remediation workgroup meeting and California High School Exit Examination independent evaluation activities (DOC; 34KB; 2pp.)
- California English Language Development Test Update (DOC; 35KB; 2pp.)
- Standardized Testing and Reporting Program: Grade three Standardized Testing and Reporting California Standards Test (DOC; 46KB; 4pp.)
- Summary of the Results of the National Assessment of Educational Progress Trial Urban District Assessment for 2005 (DOC; 143KB; 7pp.)
- Reading First: Proposed Rulemaking for Definition of Significant Progress (DOC; 31KB; 1p.)
- Statewide Training on Response to Intervention (DOC; 31KB; 1p.)
- Update on Standards and Criteria to be Applied by a District Assistance and Intervention Team in Local Educational Agencies in Program Improvement Corrective Action (DOC; 124KB; 10pp.)
- Emergency Regulations to Implement the California Fresh Start (CFS) Pilot Program per Education Code 49565.8(a) (DOC; 79KB; 12pp.)
- Draft Guidelines for the Evaluation of the California Fresh Start (CFS) Pilot Program, Established by Senate Bill 281, Maldonado (DOC; 76KB; 11pp.)
- State Board of Education (SBE) Policy Number 99-03 - Physical Education Requirements (DOC; 55KB; 4pp.)
- Attachment 1 - Physical Education Requirements (DOC; 87KB; 5pp.)