December 2016 Information MemorandaBackground information and updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members.
Periodically, the State Board Members may receive information memoranda from State Board staff and the California Department of Education. The information memoranda may include background information, updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members, and reports on a variety of educational topics.
- Every Student Succeeds Act: Update Regarding Notice of Final Rule (DOC; Posted 20-Dec-2016)
- Summary of State Board of Education Actions Related to Adopting the Local Control Funding Formula Evaluation Rubrics (DOC; Posted 16-Dec-2016)
- California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress: Update on Program Activities Related to the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress System (DOC; Posted 13-Dec-2016)
- Plan for the Sample Field Tests of the English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (DOC; Posted 13-Dec-2016)
- Every Student Succeeds Act: Update on Waiver Under Title I, Part A, Section 8401 to Waive Double Testing of Science Requirement (DOC; Posted 13-Dec-2016)
- November 2016 letter to the ED in response to the September 20, 2016, letter to CDE | PDF (Posted 13-Dec-2016)
- Stakeholder Letters of Support (PDF; Posted 13-Dec-2016)
- Migrant Education Legislative Report (DOC; Posted 13-Dec-2016)
- Update on English Learner Roadmap Workgroup (DOC; Posted 13-Dec-2016)
- California State Plan to Ensure Equitable Access to Excellent Educators, Revised 2016–2017 (DOC; Posted 13-Dec-2016)
- State Council for the Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children (DOC; Posted 13-Dec-2016)
- Overview on the Collection of Course Enrollment and Completion Data (DOC; Posted 13-Dec-2016)
- Update on the Draft of the Local Performance Indicators: Implementation of State Academic Standards (Priority 2) and Parent Engagement (Priority 3) (DOC; Posted 06-Dec-2016)