Plant Power in the KitchenThe School Nutrition Programs Plant Power in the Kitchen online training.
Hear from child nutrition professionals from California school districts who have conducted plant-based culinary training to meet professional standards, how the trainings were conducted, the responses from teams, and the lasting impact on the development of their menus. Learn strategies to generate support from your team that will translate to increased student satisfaction.
- Course Number: 169
- Training Length: 1 hour
- Certificate:Certificate available at the end of training
- Target Audience: Food Service Director and Staff
- Mandatory: No
- Cost: Free
- Date Recorded: January 2018
The following resource is referred to throughout this online course:
- Download Plant Power in the Kitchen Certificate of Completion (PDF)
- Crediting: 1 hour
- Key Area:
- Training Topic:
Menu Planning (1100)
- Learning Objective: Plan menus that meet USDA nutrition requirements (1110)
- Training Topic: Menu Planning (1100)
For more information on crediting, access the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) web document Professional Standards Learning Objectives (PDF).
For more information regarding offering vegetarian meals in schools, visit the California Department of Education Plant-Based Meal Options in Child Nutrition Programs web page.
If you have any questions, please contact the California Department of Education Nutrition Services Division by phone at 800-952-5609 or by email at HHFKA@cde.ca.gov.