Standardizing RecipesThe Child Nutrition Programs Standardizing Recipes online training.
By completing this interactive module, you will learn how standardizing recipes for Child Nutrition Programs (CNP) is key to ensuring children and adults receive the calories and variety of nutrients they need daily as part of the CNP meal service. Participants will learn to identify steps to accurately increase or decrease recipe yield to meet meal requirements, and access sample standardized recipes and resources to create standardized recipes for breakfast, lunch, snack, or supper.
The content of this training focuses on applying standardized recipes in School Nutrition Programs, however, the information is applicable to meal service in all CNP.
- Course Number: 655
- Training Length: 30 minutes
- Certificate: Available at the end of the training
- Target Audience: Food Service Director and Staff
- Mandatory: No
- Cost: Free
- Date Recorded: August 2017
Begin the Standardizing Recipes course.
- Institute of Child Nutrition (ICN) Basics at a Glance
- California Department of Education
(CDE) California Culinary Centers Standardized Recipe for Rotisserie Chicken
- ServSafe Cooking Requirements for Specific Types of Foods (PDF)
- Crediting: 0.5 hour
- Key Area:
- Training Topic:
Menu Planning (1100)
- Learning Objective: Write Standardized Recipes (1140)
- Training Topic: Menu Planning (1100)
For more information on crediting, access the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) web document Professional Standards Learning Objectives (PDF)
- USDA Food Buying Guide
manual assists with buying the right amount and the appropriate type of food, and determine the specific contribution each food makes toward the meal pattern requirements.
- ICN Basic Culinary Math for School Nutrition Professionals
training provides participants the opportunity to review and practice basic culinary math skills.
My Plate Kitchen
site includes recipes, cookbooks, recipe videos and recipe resources.
California Culinary Centers Standardized Recipes web page provides a collection of standardized recipes to support schools across California in creating recipes and preparing menus to meet the National School Lunch Program meal pattern
If you have any questions, please contact the CDE Nutrition Services Division by email at HHFKA@cde.ca.gov.