EatFitNutrition education and physical activity lessons that teach students the skills they need to meet their health goals.
This nine-lesson curriculum provides hands-on activities that teach students the skills they need to meet their health goals. It is behaviorally focused and thus includes activities that help students to gain the insight and awareness required to change their current food related behaviors.
- Key Content Areas: After School, Cafeteria Connections, Garden-based, and Integrated subjects.
- Originator of Resources: Teachers College, Columbia University
- User of Resource: Teachers, garden instructors, nutrition educators
- Audience: Grades K–2
- Languages: English
- Number of lessons: 28 total: 8 for kindergarten, 10 for first grade, and 10 for second grade
- Amount of time per lesson: Varies
- Format: Downloadable
To access the curriculum, visit the EatFit website , select the About Tab, and scroll down to Teacher Curriculum.
If you have any questions, please contact the California Department of Education Nutrition Services Division by phone at 800-952-5609 or by email at NutritionEducation@cde.ca.gov.