Professional Development Block GrantRepository archive entry for the Professional Development Block Grant program in the Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) Section of the CDE Web site.
Added to Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) on March 26, 2019.
This information is for historical purposes only and it is possible that information contained here may not be current.
- Professional Development Block Grant
- Funded through 2012–13
- Effective 2013–14, the Professional Development Block Grant program was subsumed into the local control funding formula.
- California Education Code (EC) sections 41530–41532
Source of Appropriation/Budget Act Item:
- Budget Act Item 6110-245-0001
The Professional Development Block Grant program provided funding to be used for any purpose authorized by the Instructional Time and Staff Development Reform, Teaching as a Priority Block Grant, and Intersegmental Staff Development Programs, as the program statutes read on January 1, 2004, prior to inclusion in the Professional Development Block Grant. Participation in any or all of the specified programs in the 2003–04 fiscal year was required for PDBG funding.
Funding attributable to dropout prevention and recovery programs was used to maintain the same level of outreach consultants utilized in the 2004–05 fiscal year. Outreach consultants were required to continue meeting all requirements specified in EC Section 52890, and they were required to serve in schools that (1) had at least 50 percent of pupils eligible for free and reduced-price lunches and (2) were eligible for funds under Title I.
SACS Resource/Revenue Codes:
- 7393 / 8590
- EC Section 42605 authorized complete flexibility for this funding for fiscal years 2008–09 through 2012–13. During those years a school district or county office of education could use funds received for any educational purpose.