SNP Professional Standards: Job CategoriesThe School Nutrition Programs (SNP) Professional Standards: Job Categories online training course.
This California Department of Education (CDE) training provides an overview of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) SNP job categories. By the end of this training, participants should be able to define each of the three SNP job categories, identify which job category a given local educational agency employee fits into, and state why correct identification of job categories is important.
- Course Number: 411
- Training Length: 15 min
- Certificate: Available at the end of the training
- Target Audience: Food Service Director and Staff
- Mandatory: No
- Cost: Free
- Date Recorded: January 2019
Review this introductory video before beginning the SNP Professional Standards: Job Categories course
Begin the SNP Professional Standards: Job Categories course
- CDE Professional Standards for SNP Personnel web page
- CDE SNP-13-2020 Professional Standards in the School Nutrition Programs Management Bulletin
- USDA School Meals Professional Standards web page
SP 05-2020: Q&As Regarding Professional Standards for State and Local School Nutrition Program Personnel
- Institute of Child Nutrition Job Description Template for Child Nutrition Program (CNP) Director
- Crediting: 0.25 hours
- Key Area:
- Training Topic:
Human Resources and Staff Training (3400)
- Learning Objective: Training Plans and Tracking (3430)
- Training Topic: Human Resources and Staff Training (3400)
For more information on crediting, access the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) web document Professional Standards Learning Objectives (PDF)
- USDA Professional Standards for State and Local School Nutrition Programs Personnel as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010
provides the final rule, which establishes minimum professional standards for SNP personnel who manage and operate the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs.
- USDA Final Rule Summary Flyer provides a summary of the Professional Standards for State and Local SNPs Personnel as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010.
For questions regarding the course content, contact the professional standards team by email at Professional Standards@cde.ca.gov.