SFSP Vending OptionsThe Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) Vending Options online training.
This online training reviews the several options SFSP sponsors have to choose from when deciding how to vend for their summer meal sites in California. The options discussed in this training include self-preparation, purchasing meals from schools, purchasing meals from food service management companies, which we refer to as FSMCs or vendors, and receiving foods from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- Course Number: 010
- Training Length: 15 minutes
- Certificate: Yes
- Target Audience: Summer Meal Program Operators
- Mandatory: No
- Cost: Free
- Date Recorded: November 2018
Begin the SFSP Vending Options course.
The following resources are referred to throughout this online course:
- USDA 2016 SFSP Administration Guide
- USDA 2018 SFSP Nutrition Guide
- CDE USDA Foods for the Summer Food Service Program 755 online course
- Crediting: 0.25 hours
- Key Area:
- Training Topic:
Purchasing Procurement (2400)
- Learning Objective: Bid Solicitation and Evaluation (2420)
- Training Topic: Purchasing Procurement (2400)
For more information on crediting, access the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) web document Professional Standards Learning Objectives PDF
For more information regarding SFSP Vending Options, see the California Department of Education SFSP Information web page.
If you have technical difficulties, please contact the Summer Meals Unit (SMU), by phone at 916-324-6153. For questions regarding the course content, contact the SMU by email at SFSP@cde.ca.gov.