Powering Up with Plant-based Menus and MarketingThe School Nutrition Programs Powering Up with Plant-based Menus and Marketing online training.
As a follow-up to Powering Up with Plant-based Programs, this training includes a more in-depth discussion on menu planning and marketing ideas that can increase participation and excitement, while promoting sustaining healthy habits to students. Hear from a panel of food service professionals who have made plant-based entrees a success with students of all ages. Discover recipe ideas, menu concepts, and culinary training programs that can be easily implemented in your programs.
- Course Number: 100
- Training Length: 1 hour
- Certificate: Certificate Available at the end of training
- Target Audience: Food Service Director and Staff
- Mandatory: No
- Cost: Free
- Date Recorded: January 2018
The following resource is referred to throughout this online course:
- Download Powering Up with Plant-based Menus and Marketing Certificate of Completion (PDF)
- Crediting: 1 hour
- Key Area:
- Training Topic:
Menu Planning (1100)
- Learning Objective: Plan menus that meet U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) nutrition requirements (1110)
- Training Topic: Menu Planning (1100)
For more information on crediting, access the USDA web document Professional Standards Learning Objectives (PDF).
For more information regarding offering vegetarian meals in schools, visit the California Department of Education Plant-Based Meal Options in Child Nutrition Programs web page.
If you have any questions, please contact the California Department of Education Nutrition Services Division by phone at 800-952-5609 or email your School Nutrition Program questions to SNPinfo@cde.ca.gov.