SNP AR Prereview Training RCCIThe School Nutrition Program (SNP) Administrative Review (AR) Prereview Workshop online training for Residential Child Care Institutions (RCCI).
The School Nutrition Program Administrative Review Prereview Training provides an overview of the AR and shares tips, strategies, and best practices for a successful AR for residential child care institutions. This training is designed to provide valuable information to help sponsors prepare for their AR. Content includes meal access and reimbursement, meal pattern and nutritional quality requirements, resource management, and general compliance areas, common AR findings, and overall strategies and solutions.
This online course consists of six mandatory modules and one module that is only mandatory if it applies to a sponsor’s operations. Completion of this required training is only recorded after the submitting an attestation.
- Course Number: 124
- Total Training Length: 4.25 hours
- Certificate: Available at the end of the training
- Target Audience: Food Service Directors or related staff at RCCI schools
- Mandatory: Yes
- Cost: Free
- Date Recorded: December 2020
- Module 1 Handout (PPTX)
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Administrative Review Manual (Manual AR) in the Download Forms section of the Child Nutrition Information and Payment System (CNIPS)
- Administrative Review Off-site Assessment Tool Guidance (SNP 58 AR) in the Download Forms section of the CNIPS
- Toolbox for School Food Authorities (SFA) Checklist (SNP 60 AR) in the Download Forms section of the CNIPS
- California Department of Education (CDE) COVID-19 Guidance in the Child Nutrition Programs (CNP) web page
- CDE Procurement in CNPs web page
- CDE Learning about the Off-site Assessment Tool Online Training Course
- CDE School Nutrition Programs Administrative Review web page
- Procurement Resources Unit Email: NSDprocurementreview@cde.ca.gov
- Procurement Resources Unit Phone: 1-800-952-5609
- Module 2 Handout (PPTX)
- USDA 2017 Eligibility Manual for School Meals (Manual Eligibility) in the Download Forms section of the CNIPS
- Meal Count and Collection Procedures (MCCP) Worksheet (SNP 03) in the Download Forms section of the CNIPS
- Module 3 Handout (PPTX)
- CDE RCCI Food Based Menu Planning Certification Exception Submittal (SNP 30) in the Download Forms section of the CNIPS
- CDE Breakfast Meal Pattern (Grades K-12) web page
- CDE Lunch Meal Pattern (Grades K-12) web page
- CDE Menu Production Record (MPR) Forms web page
- CDE Information Required on MPR web page
- CDE COVID-19 Policy and Waivers in CNPs web page
- USDA Whole Grain Resource for the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs
- USDA Nationwide Waiver #37 to Allow Offer Versus Serve for Senior High Schools in the National School Lunch Program for School Year 2020−21
- USDA Nationwide Waiver #70 to Allow Meal Pattern Flexibility in the CNPs
- USDA Offer Versus Serve Guidance for the National School Lunch Program and the School Breakfast Program
- Meal Pattern Waiver Email: CNPMealPatternWaiver@cde.ca.gov
- Module 4 Handout (PPTX)
- Net Cash Resources Calculator Tool (SNP 57) in the Download Forms section of the CNIPS
- Meal Equivalents and Cost Allocation Worksheet (SNP 65) in the Download Forms section of the CNIPS
- Cafeteria Fund Questions – Resource Management Unit Email: SNPCAFEFUNDQUESTIONS@cde.ca.gov
- Accounting and California School Accounting Manual Questions – School Fiscal Services Division Email: SACSINFO@cde.ca.gov
- Module 5 Handout (PPTX)
- SNP Site Monitoring Review Form (SNP 22) in the Download Forms section of the CNIPS
- CDE Civil Rights and Complaints Online Training Course 410
- CDE Local School Wellness Policy web page
- CDE Professional Standards web page
- Email Stephen Montano for And Justice for All posters: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Module 6 Handout (PPTX)
- Buy American Provision Exception Documentation Instructions (PRU10a) in the Download Forms section of the CNIPS
- Buy American Certification and Nondomestic Log for Micropurchases (PRU10b) in the Download Forms section of the CNIPS
- CDE Procurement in the CNPs web page
- Crediting: 4.25 hour(s)
- Key Area: Administration (3000)
- Training Topic: Program Management (3200)
- Learning Objective: AR Preparation (3260)
- Training Topic: Program Management (3200)
For more information on crediting, see the USDA web document Professional Standards Learning Objectives (PDF).
For more information regarding SNP AR, see the CDE SNP AR web page.
If you have technical difficulties or questions regarding the course content, please contact the PRT Workgroup by phone at 916-327-2256 or by email at PRTQuestions@cde.ca.gov.
Contact Referenced in Resources
- For questions relating to the cafeteria fund, email the Resource Management Unit at SNPCAFEFUNDQUESTIONS@cde.ca.gov.
- For accounting and CSAM questions, email the School Fiscal Services Division at SACSINFO@cde.ca.gov.
- Email your procurement review questions to NSDprocurementreview@cde.ca.gov or call 916-558-5684.