Navigating the Food Buying Guide CalculatorChild Nutrition Program (CNP) Operators will learn how to use the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food Buying Guide (FBG) Calculator to determine required quantities of foods to purchase to meet the CNP meal pattern requirements.
The Early Childhood Development Act of 2020 (Senate Bill (SB) 98, Chapter 24, Statutes of 2020) authorized the transfer of child care and development programs administered by the California Department of Education to the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) effective July 1, 2021. The content on this page may not be current and involves the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) that has moved to CDSS. Visit the CDSS CACFP web page or call 1-833-559-2420 for more information.
- Course Number: USDA External Training
- Training Length: 45 minutes
- Certificate: Available at the end of the training
- Target Audience: CNPs
- Mandatory: Yes, for prospective Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) Operators
- Cost: Free
- Date Recorded: March 20, 2019
Begin the Navigating the FBG Calculator course.
- Crediting: .75 hour
- Key Area:
- Training Topic:
Menu Planning (1100)
- Learning Objective: Write standardized recipes and use FBG (1140)
- Training Topic: Menu Planning (1100)
For more information on crediting, access the USDA web document Professional Standards Learning Objectives (PDF)
The FBG Mobile App is currently available on the iOS and Android platforms. For step-by-step instructions on using the online and mobile app versions of the FBG Calculator, access the California Department of Education FBG Calculator web page.