Navigating the Food Buying Guide CalculatorChild Nutrition Program (CNP) Operators will learn how to use the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food Buying Guide (FBG) Calculator to determine required quantities of foods to purchase to meet the CNP meal pattern requirements.
- Course Number: USDA External Training
- Training Length: 45 minutes
- Certificate: Available at the end of the training
- Target Audience: CNPs
- Mandatory: Yes, for prospective Child and Adult Care Food Program Operators
- Cost: Free
- Date Recorded: March 20, 2019
Begin the Navigating the FBG Calculator course.
- Crediting: .75 hour
- Key Area:
- Training Topic:
Menu Planning (1100)
- Learning Objective: Write standardized recipes and use FBG (1140)
- Training Topic: Menu Planning (1100)
For more information on crediting, access the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) web document Professional Standards Learning Objectives (PDF)
The FBG Mobile App is currently available on the iOS and Android platforms. For step-by-step instructions on using the online and mobile app versions of the FBG Calculator, access the California Department of Education FBG Calculator web page.
If you have technical difficulties, please contact the Education and Nutrition Policy Unit by phone at 916-445-9127 or by email at CACFPmealpatterns@cde.ca.gov for CACFP Operators and HHFKA@cde.ca.gov for School Nutrition Program Operators.