Legislation, Regulations, & PoliciesCurrent and proposed legislation, regulations, and policies for child nutrition programs administration.
- Nutrition Programs Guidance
- Federal Register Documents
- Legislative Report
- Waiver Request
- Related Links
An index of direct links to California Department of Education (CDE) management bulletins, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) policy memoranda, and federal and state regulations relating to the proper administration of the child nutrition programs.
Child Nutrition Programs
Federal Procurement regulations at Title 2, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 200 - Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Super-Circular)
60-Day Claim Submission and 90-day Reporting Requirements for Child Nutrition Programs - Updated guidance for State agencies regarding the 60-day Claim submission and 90 day Reporting requirements for Child Nutrition Programs released on April 25, 2018.
School Nutrition Programs
- CDE School Nutrition Program Management Bulletins -
CDE School Nutrition Programs management bulletins organized by calendar year.
- USDA School Meals Policy Memoranda
- USDA policy memos for the School Nutrition Programs, including the National School Lunch Program, School Breakfast Program, and the Special Milk Program.
- State and Federal School Nutrition Program Regulations:
Child and Adult Care Food Program
- CDE Child and Adult Care Food Program Management Bulletins - CDE Child and Adult Care Food Program management bulletins organized by calendar year.
- USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program Policy Memoranda
USDA policy memos for the Child and Adult Care Food Program.
- Federal Child and Adult Care Food Program regulations at 7 CFR Part 226
Summer Food Service Program
- CDE Summer Food Service Program Management Bulletins -
CDE Summer Food Service Program management bulletins organized by calendar year.
- USDA Summer Food Service Program Policy Memoranda
- USDA policy memos for the Summer Food Service Program.
- Federal Summer Food Service Program regulations at 7 CFR Part 225
Food Distribution Program
- CDE Food Distribution Program Management Bulletins - Food Distribution Program management bulletins organized by calendar year.
- USDA Food Distribution Program Policy Memoranda
USDA policy memos for the Food Distribution Program.
- Federal Food Distribution Program regulations at 7 CFR, Subtitle B, Chapter II, Subchapter B
USDA Food and Nutrition Service Federal Register Documents
This USDA Web page contains a listing of all recent rules, proposed rules, and notices published in the Federal Register by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service.
Assembly Concurrent Resolution 16: Nutrition: Vegetarian School Lunches
The California Department of Education and the California Department of Public Health are submitting this report in response to the 2003 Assembly Concurrent Resolution (ACR) 16: Nutrition: Vegetarian School Lunches sponsored by Assemblyman Joe Nation. It presents a summary of the current efforts and progress being made to offer vegetarian and cultural school lunches to students in public schools.
USDA Waiver Request
This web page contains information about USDA waiver requests and any current waiver requests from the Nutrition Services Division (NSD) or program operators.
California Legislative Information
Locate the full text of bills, resolutions, and constitutional amendments, as well as their status, history, votes, analyses, and veto messages.
Official information from all three branches of the Federal Government. On-line access to congressional bills, laws, U.S. codes and regulations, the federal register, and presidential papers.
Library of Congress
Search for federal bills by text, summary, or status and the Congressional Record by text or index; along with historical Congressional documents such as the Constitution.