Nutrition PathfindersThis curriculum provides a range of lessons that focus on fundamental concepts about healthy eating and physical activity.
This curriculum provides a range of lessons that focus on fundamental concepts about healthy eating and physical activity. The lessons foster the development of personal responsibility for making healthy diet and lifestyle choices that promote classroom achievement and lifelong good health. Lessons support standards in physical education, English language arts, and mathematics.
A teacher resource guide and student worksheets as well as a companion website are included. Also provided is a family newsletter in Spanish and English.
In Lesson 2 for grade five, students explain the importance of eating balanced meals and drinking adequate fluids every day. They analyze sample meals based on their prior knowledge of food groups and nutrients. Students then plan balanced meals and practice applying the knowledge to other lessons in the series.
- Key Content Areas: After School, Cafeteria Connections, Integrated subjects, MyPlate, Parent/Family Involvement, and Physical Activity
- Originator of Resources: Dairy Council of California
- User of Resource: Teachers and parents
- Audience: Grades 4–5
- Languages: English and Spanish
- Number of lessons: 7 lessons for grade 4 and 7 lessons for grade 5
- Amount of time per lesson: 40 minutes
- Format: Hard copy
To access the curriculum, visit the Dairy Council of California Nutrition Pathfinders web page . To order the lessons, select Teachers, select Learn more and order Nutrition Pathfinders.
For questions regarding this curriculum, visit the Dairy Council of California Contact Us web page .