CALPADS Update Flash #190Topics include: 2020-21 roll over; live Fall 1 reporting and certification training for all users; registration information for October CIM meeting.
To: Local Educational Agency (LEA) Representatives
From: California Department of Education (CDE) –
California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS) Team
Date: September 15, 2020
Subject: CALPADS Update FLASH #190
2020–21 Roll Over: September 15, 2020
LEAs are reminded that CALPADS will rollover into the 2020–21 academic year with changes to the Student Information (SINF) and Student Enrollment (SENR) file formats taking effect Tuesday, September 15, 2020.
The primary changes include:
- The addition of Field 2.43 – Student Preferred First Name and Field 2.44 – Student Preferred Last Name on the SINF.
- The removal of the Work-Based Learning Indicators, Fields 1.35 – 1.39, on the SENR.
- The renaming of Field 1.34 on the SENR from “Postsecondary/Transition Status Indicator” to “Adult Age Students With Disabilities in Transition Status” in order to differentiate the field from a similarly named file.
These changes, as well as other Fall 1 and Fall 2 changes, are covered in Fall training, will be included in subsequent Flash updates, and will be discussed at the upcoming CALPADS Information Meeting (CIM).
Live Fall 1 Reporting and Certification Training for All Users
As noted in the fall training announcement, there will be a webinar available for CALPADS users that do not have a Bridge account. The live training session is scheduled for Wednesday, September 30, 2020 starting at 9:30 a.m. Please register here: https://fcmat.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_dKoCsrXCR4-xRjSj1JvXug
Register for the October 13, 2020 CALPADS Information Meeting
Topic: CALPADS Information Meeting (CIM)
Date: Tuesday, October 13, 2020
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Event registration for attendees: https://fcmat.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Y9La6WISR32c7HvIuAWMoQ
LEAs are strongly encouraged to attend in order to learn about changes for the upcoming Fall submissions, as well as to receive updates on other major changes for 2020–21. After registering, registrants will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. Also, please note the following:
- LEAs must register using the link provided above. Zoom (the video communications platform that will be used for this meeting) will send the actual CIM Meeting link to those that register.
- Register only once if you will be viewing the meeting with others, and enter the name of the primary person on the registration form to receive the email notification.
- To simplify the login, use your computer for the audio; if you are unable to use the computer audio, you may obtain the phone number after you register.
- LEAs may connect to the CIM beginning at 9:00, providing time to troubleshoot connectivity issues before the presentation at 9:30.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Zoom webinar service includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. You should inform all meeting attendees prior to the session if you intend to record the meeting. Please note that any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.
Tentative CIM Agenda
- Welcome and Agenda Review
- 2020–21 Fall Submission Changes
- Fall 1
- File Format changes: SENR, SINF
- LCFF Report 1.17 adjustments
- SPED changes
- Changes to certifications for 2020-21 in Fall 1
- Fall 2
- Assignment Monitoring/Course and Staff Data
- PSTS additions
- English Learners
- Initial ELPAC assessment – automation of EL and IFEP statuses
- Use of ADEL
- Submission Success Indicators – Suggested Milestones
- Fall 1
- Planning for 2020–21 EOY
- New Work-based Learning (WBLR) File
- Student Absence Summary (STAS) File
- Submitting Restraint and Seclusion Data
- Building Self-Sufficiency in CALPADS
- 2021-22 Changes
- Submission of Student Test Settings