Children’s Power Play! School Idea & Resource KitNutrition education and physical activity kit includes 10 activities to encourage fruit and vegetable consumption and promote physical activity.
This resource includes activities that promote increased physical activity and consumption of fruits and vegetables. The activities are easy to follow and require only about 15 minutes of preparation. What’s inside: A teacher resource guide, reproducible handouts, suggestions for hands-on activities, and handouts for students to take home and complete. Activities are formatted in a Ready, Set, Go format. Activity highlight: In “Power of Advertising,” students learn about the effects of advertising. They create their own advertisements to help a friend to increase consumption of fruits and vegetables.
- Key Content Areas: After School, Cafeteria Connections, Food Literacy and Cooking Activities, Healthy School Environment, Integrated Subjects, Media Literacy, MyPlate, Parent/Family Involvement, and Physical Activity
- Originator of Resources: California Department of Public Health
- User of Resource: Teachers
- Audience: Grades 4
- Languages: English
- Number of lessons: 10 lessons
- Amount of time per lesson: 50 minutes
- Format: Downloadable PDF
To access the curriculum, visit the California Department of Public Health Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention web page and scroll down to the header New PowerPlay! 4th grade workbook.
If you have any questions, contact the California Department of Public Health Policy and Partnership Development Unit by phone at 916-449-5400 or by email at NEOPB@cdph.ca.gov.